How to drink your wheatgrass juice:
- Straight shot (never more than 2 ounces at one time)
- Best on an empty stomach and wait 15 minutes before eating
- With your GREEN juice (never mix with anything 'not green')
- Adding a mint (or other fresh green herb) leave when juicing
- With a water chaser, swish water to mix with saliva (Michael's choice!)
- With a 'green' juice chaser (ALWAYS keep the greens together!)
- Sipping slowly out on your deck
- Sipping slowly in front of the fire / woodstove
- Sipping slowly while petting your cat or dog (giving them some too!)
- Sipping slowly while reading a great book
- Sipping slowly while driving to work (ok maybe not that great an idea, but are you getting the idea?)
What's So Great About Wheatgrass?
40 points about wheatgrass and its nutritional values (taken from Ann Wigmore's books)
*These are suggestions only and not to replace the advice of your personal physician.
1. Wheatgrass Juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available.
2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and, therefore, contains more light energy than any other element.
3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
6. Chlorophyll is anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.
7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.
8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
9. Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red cell count.
10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13. Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using wheatgrass.
14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them and makes them over.
15. Wheatgrass Juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of Wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrot, lettuce, celery, and so forth.
16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
20. In the American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Gruskin, M.D. recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul smelling odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner-ear inflammation and infection, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
21. Wheatgrass Juice cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same time.
22. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.
23. A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay.
24. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.
25. Gargle Wheatgrass Juice for a sore throat.
26. Drink Wheatgrass Juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
27. Wheatgrass Juice keeps the hair from graying.
28. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew wheatgrass, spitting out the pulp.
29. By taking Wheatgrass Juice, one may feel a difference in strength, endurance, health, and spirituality, and experience a sense of well-being.
30. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
31. Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
32. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
33. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs. After an enema, wait 20 minutes, and then implant 4 ounces of wheatgrass juice. Retain for 20 minutes.
34. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is high in magnesium.
35. Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He said, "Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs."
36. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (wheatgrass) as a body cleanser, rebuilder, and neutralizer of toxins.
37. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
38. Wheatgrass Juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
39. Wheatgrass Juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
40. Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds FRESH wheatgrass, sunflower and pea greens delivered in the Northeast! Have wheatgrass shipped to you in CT, MA, NH, RI, NY, PA, NJ, VT, ME Wheatgrass shipped all over the US! FRESH! Just store it in your cold fridge when the package arrives. Grass and sprouts will last up to two weeks!
*These are suggestions only. Please consult your physician with health concerns.
Wheatgrass Poultice or Juice for kids:
*These are suggestions only and not meant to take the place of your child's primary care physician.
A poultice is made from the pulp of squeezed grass.
Soak the poultice in a small amount of grass and apply as many times a day as you'd like. Or, you can soak clean gauze in wheatgrass and place directly on affected area.
Wheatgrass Poultice or Juice for adults
These suggestions are not intended to replace your doctor's medical advice.
*Wheatgrass For Your Animals*
These suggestions should not be used in place of your vet's medical advice.
I get this question all the time, so here is the answer for your pets!!!
Household pets can nibble the grass to get roughage (absent in most prepared pet foods), so keep your wheatgrass at a safe distance. If they are chewing on it, then you can grow the wheatgrass back a second time (lost 50% of it's value, but fine for your pets) and let them chew on that. For you animal that may have a health issue, fleas, eye problems, hair loss, trouble walking, wounds, etc... here is what you can do:
Give them a little less than ½ an ounce (orally), twice a day, 30 minutes before you feed your animal. Use a bulb syringe or eye dropper to get it down.
*Caution: do not try this on a white carpet as it may tend to come right back up! =)
Do this everyday for at least five days. Stay with it as you will then see some amazing results in a very short time!!!
Also, a dropper of wheatgrass juice into your pet's mouth for illness, gum or teeth problems, urinary problems or eating problems. After you have given them the juice for the five days, then chop finely into their food for preventative, three times per week. This will help keep your animal in balance. Wheatgrass soaked bandage for sores, can be applied right to their wounds. Grow small amount in the house for cats to play with (this will take their attention away from your plants)
Wheatgrass Next to Your Bed
*These are just suggestions, not to be used as medical advice
Place a tray of growing wheatgrass by your bed and it will enhance the oxygen in the air, helping you to sleep more soundly by generating healthful negative ions into the air.